Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mom's '50 Ford-1/25 AMT 1949 Ford donor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Street and Muscle Cars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xracer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:19 pm    Post subject: Mom's '50 Ford-1/25 AMT 1949 Ford donor Reply with quote

This is a nostalgia build of a car from my childhood. Back in the mid to late 50s we had a Ford 2 door coupe, Hawaiian bronze with a 3 speed on the column. My Mom drove it a lot as my father worked "tower work", swing shifts. The car was a 1950, as I remember the emblem with the 3 lions on the hood that the 1949 did not have. I think I was about 3 to 5 years old my parents owned it. I have fond memories sitting in the back seat staring out the window and watching the old guard rails with wire rope between them wizz by. I could have built a 1950 BUT it was a convertible. No one does a 1950 hard top coupe. The color I painted it wrong, it's brown not Hawaiian bronze. John

Xracer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct paint, Hawaiian bronze and hood emblem, red, white and blue lions. John
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nostalgia builds are fun, they take you back in time!! Well done
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Street and Muscle Cars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: