Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SRX Series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duane Garner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:57 pm    Post subject: SRX Series Reply with quote

Anyone else working on an SRX build?
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First welcome to the board. I have not seen much interest in the SRX cars. It's still a bit of a novelty act for me. Not sure if anyone else has interest in those cars or not.
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect if you ever do see one, it'll be diecast, even then I doubt it would be anything other than 1/64th scale.

Oh yeah, welcome to the board
18degrees

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: SRX Series Reply with quote

Duane Garner wrote:
Anyone else working on an SRX build?

You are implying that you are building one, what kit(s) are you using for the build? Didn’t think there was anything available that was close to them.

The series is coming to one if my local tracks (I-55 in Pevely MO) this summer and am considering going, depending on ticket prices and my work schedule.

Last edited by 18degrees on Tue May 10, 2022 8:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Duane Garner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject: SRX Series Reply with quote

The body is a worked over Competition Resin SCCA T/A Mustang body. I'm filling in the nose to be flush, installing hood vents made from HO scale ladders from Plastruct. The rear quarter panels are being slab-sided using sheet plastic, after cutting off the tail piece. The wing will also be made from sheet plastic. The chassis will be a modified AMT NASCAR. The engine is a 3D resin piece from Iceman Collections. The 5 hole wheels are Monogram, as are the tires for the asphalt version. I'm using tires from Ron Coon Resins for the dirt version (Yes, I'm building 2 of them). I've not sure about decals yet. It's coming along nicely.
hawk22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SRX Reminds me of a series started years (2001) ago called TRAC.
Team racing on short tracks. Cale Yarborough was involved but it never
Had the first race as far as I recall. Lack of money (couldn’t sell sponsorship).
Only saw one mock-up of the intended race car but it was very similar to the
SRX. Looked more like a road racer but it was a stock car.
No real interest in SRX or the cars(missed all the races). But good luck with your model, doesn’t look to difficult…

TRAC has a brief history on Wikipedia…
Duane Garner

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject: SRX Series Reply with quote

Found a 3D printed SRX body on Etsy, made by Jay's Stock Cars. This project is getting easier!
Duane Garner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject: SRX Series Reply with quote

3 Amigos has just released a set of decals for the Elliott SRX car. Guess there's enough interest as a modeling subject
jh63fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't build much past the mid 80's nascar's, but love to see unique builds of all eras. When you get finished, please post some pictures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: