Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where does time go

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jh63fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:50 pm    Post subject: Where does time go Reply with quote

Looking at some different Richard Petty builds on this site and the thought just hit me: This November it will be 30 years since he drove in competition. Then shortly after, we lost Alan Kulwicki and Davey Allison.
George Andrews

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

" Where does the Time Go ??? " It passes us by -- "In The BLINK of an EYE "...
In those painful days after the closing of California's famed Riverside International Raceway, SoCal NASCAR race fans discovered Phoenix International Raceway. The November, 1988 Cup race was the track's 1st, and Alan Kulwicki's 1st NASCAR Cup win as well. In my haste to run from ( then ) Turn 1 to Victory Circle I totally missed Alan's Polish Victory Lap. ( I would also be there for Richard Petty's 1st Cup win as a car owner in 1996, with Bobby Hamilton in the STP Pontiac. )
FAST Forward to Atlanta Speedway in November, 1992; not only Richard Petty's last Career race start, but Jeff Gordon's First Cup start -- AND Alan Kulwicki in his " UNDERbird " BEAT Bill Elliott in JUNIOR JOHNSON'S Thunderbird -- to win his only Cup Championship. AND Alan had turned down Junior's ride a few years before, because he wanted to do it HIS OWN WAY !!! It's a sad truth that Alan would not live long enough to truly enjoy his fame.
Within a very few years, we would lose Alan Kulwicki, Davey Allison, Adam Petty, and a personal loss for me, Winston West 3 time Champion Jim Robinson.
All In The BLINK of an EYE... Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: