Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help linking a great Fireball site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john843

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Need help linking a great Fireball site Reply with quote

Was wondering if someone here would google "Fireball Roberts, Welcome to Galaxieland" and post the link to it here. It is basically a month by month history of Fireball's time driving for H/M from when he joined them in '63 up to his crash at Charlotte. It has a lot of awesome color photos of the '63 1/2 lavender car (paint was called "wysteria"a mid '50s Lincoln color) and the darker purple metallic '64. I believe the crowd here will appreciate it.

http://galaxieland.com/fireball-roberts.html

I finally found how to link, but it takes a few seconds to load

John

Last edited by john843 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
DaveVan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried....got site N/A Sad
john843

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave it takes it about 30 or so seconds to load, but I've been able to get to it every time.

John
67 Fairlane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john843 wrote:
Dave it takes it about 30 or so seconds to load, but I've been able to get to it every time.

John

Yep it's a SLOOOOW-LOADER alright, but worth the wait!
Just click the link and go get a sandwich, it'll be waiting for you when you get back! Laughing

Thanks for the link!!
Jerry
john843

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually timed how long it took to load several times. averages 18 seconds on my old pc .

John
29-Ford

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were at least three colors in 1963.
The first was the non-pearl "Wisteria", as on the Bristol postcard.
A second was a pearl Wisteria. This was the color at the Firecracker 400 and some have said it was also at some track(s) (Atlanta? Charlotte?) prior to the Firecracker.
A third color was the darker lavender pearl/metallic at the Southern 500.
I was at the 1963 Firecracker and was totally caught by surprise by the "pearl" in the paint. It glowed at certain angles and looked non-pearl at other angles.
Lorenzen also had a pearl white Galaxie at the '63 Firecracker. It looked white at some angles and looked practically silver at others.
By Labor Day virtually all the factory Fords had much brighter colors than in the beginning of the '63 season. But, Lorenzen's car and Robert's car had the pearl paint at the Firecracker in 1963.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: