Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Revell's (snap) '57 Chevy x3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Street and Muscle Cars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbherri2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject: Revell's (snap) '57 Chevy x3 Reply with quote

I've completed three of these kits lately. Two were built for our club's annual same kit build off (Misfit Modelers, Raleigh/Durham/Cary, NC).
The Roth tribute car has been seen before - I used the Revell snap kit, and the decals from the Revell Roth '57 Chevy from a few years ago. The decals were nearly a perfect fit, requiring a little touch up around the front fenders.

The white and dark blue cars were built for the club's build off. For the dark blue car, I built it straight from the box, using Tamiya Dark Blue over Tamiya Flat Black. This was then sealed with Testors Dull Cote (the original formula). Bright work was done using Alclad II Magnesium. Wheels are Testors Magnesium lacquer spray.

The white car is finished with Tamiya Pearl White over Tamiya White Primer. Wheels are 3D printed wheels that I found on eBay. Bright work is a combination of Tamiya Gloss Black lacquer and Alclad II Magnesium. Alclad was also used on the wheels. The 3D printed wheels were much wider than the kit wheels, so I had to hog out the rear a bit. Hood "bullets" and door handles were shaved in an attempt to add some custom touches. In retrospect, I should have done some more, but it's finished.

Anywho .. a fun build of a basic kit. Thanks for looking!

Henryjint

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Street and Muscle Cars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: