Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bill Elliott - 1984

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bbo1974

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject: Bill Elliott - 1984 Reply with quote

Working on the 1984 Coors tbird now, part of the larger project to build Bill Elliott's cars from 1983 to 2003.
I originally thought I would just do box stock and call it a day (with aftermarket decals). But the more i looked at the stance and those front wheel openings I figured i would try to do a little modification. I lowered the chassis, closed the front wheel openings a bit, took away the door trim openings (and door lines) and trimmed the rear quarter window frames. I'm waiting on some Tamiya transparent yellow to paint the wheels. Then paint the body.

Next up: 1986, then 1985, then on to the McDonalds years.
Completed: 1983, 1987, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1995, 2001

Last edited by Bbo1974 on Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:55 am; edited 3 times in total
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good start!!!
jh63fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bit of a pain, but closing up the front wheel openings is worth it. For the wheels, I have used the stuff the stained glass hobby uses. Comes in a little bottle and you brush it on.
Bbo1974

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jh63fan wrote:
It's a bit of a pain, but closing up the front wheel openings is worth it. For the wheels, I have used the stuff the stained glass hobby uses. Comes in a little bottle and you brush it on.

Thanks for the tip! I looked at Michael's today for some of the stained glass type of paint but couldn't find it. They had some Krylon "Stained Glass" spray paint which would have worked... but no yellow.

Amazon says my order should be here by next Friday so I guess I can work on the painting the body.
I'll have the same type wheels on the 1985 car, then its just painted wheels from that point on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: