Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AC Delco Blue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hurricane21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject: AC Delco Blue Reply with quote

Does anyone know what shade of blue the AC Delco cars ran in the 90’s and 2000’s? It’s difficult for me to tell. Some pics look like a true blue and others look like a darker shade. I’m not sure if it’s just a camera quality/lighting thing or if the AC Delco paint schemes used different shades of blue. I would assume they used one blue tone the whole time but my eyes are telling me something else. Thanks.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: AC Delco Blue Reply with quote

hurricane21 wrote:
Does anyone know what shade of blue the AC Delco cars ran in the 90’s and 2000’s? It’s difficult for me to tell. Some pics look like a true blue and others look like a darker shade. I’m not sure if it’s just a camera quality/lighting thing or if the AC Delco paint schemes used different shades of blue. I would assume they used one blue tone the whole time but my eyes are telling me something else. Thanks.

It's not your eyes, you just need to remind your brain that color prints of the same car taken on the same day can appear significantly different. Many years ago I actually bought an old can of Sta-Power off eBay to match the blue for the Bud Moore Torino. Find something with the blue GM or Delco logo on it, preferably something that's not printed on cardboard. Something reasonably glossy like a contingency decal or a promotional handout that GM offered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: