Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1987 Steve Christman #62 Pontiac 2+2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject: 1987 Steve Christman #62 Pontiac 2+2 Reply with quote

This was my first build of the Salvino's JR 2+2. This was an essential build to me since it's the only #62 Cup car I could build. While it's not the only one to have decals made, the rest are all either Chevrolet SS or Camaros, which I can't get or weren't made. So it had to be this one.

Christman ran for Rookie of the Year in this car in 1987, but it was not a great season. He only qualified for 20 of the races, with a best finish of 11th at the fall Richmond race. To put it in perspective, of his 20 starts, 10 were DNFs, and his second best career finish was actually a DNF, in 15th at Charlotte. He would never run another NASCAR race, although he did find success in other series. One interesting anecdote- all 20 races were apparently using the same car! Considering 4 of the DNFs were crashes, that's actually really impressive. And now I've replicated that car in scale, using the aforementioned Salvinos JR kit, Tamiya white and bright red (which is not very accurate, but it's supposed to match the decals) and Pattos Place decals. Masking was actually not as hard as it looks.

Henryjint

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done, another rare car.
jchrisf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice
MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another super nice clean build.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: