Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

64 dodge plymouth kit bash question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:38 pm    Post subject: 64 dodge plymouth kit bash question Reply with quote

Its been sometime ago, but didn't someone post a "how too" about putting the 64 plymouth hardtop on to the Dodge post car? I cant find it anywhere, and I guess it's possible that it was another forum.
I'm actually interested in doing the reverse, putting the post roof on the Plymouth
jh63fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do it, that's where some of the resin casters got there masters. I recently put the Plymouth top on the Dodge, went well, need to work on the c pillar area where it goes up a little. If you do your own instead of a resin, the worst part is removing the side trim, unless you are sacrificing a Johan body.
bangor boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be a total hassle to put up some pics of these "post cars" and them other rooflines to show what it is you're trying to achieve? I'm noodling around with these bodies on a project and it would be most helpful.

And for any other strivers who ain't that fully literate in the detailed car talk that often inhabits such discussions.

Still not clear on what actually encompasses a 'front clip'.
spooker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bangor boy wrote:

Still not clear on what actually encompasses a 'front clip'.

To a body man, "front clip" is all the bolt-on body parts forward of the firewall. To a chassis man, it's the frame (& usually including the suspension) forward of the firewall. To a team with a wrecked car, it's usually both!
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a hassle, itll b a little while before I can get to it though.
In the case of the models, the Lindberg 64 plymouth is the hardtop, the Dodge the 2 door post.
The c pillars and length of the roof is the biggest difference and the post cars have a " B" pillar, the Plymouth does not
Firefly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd think crossing kit brands would bring the challenge. Johan, Lindberg, and whatever resins are based from. I did a project of a '65 Coronet involving Polar Lights, Lindberg and a resin body cast from an MPC annual kit. No common parts were matched exactly.
jh63fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both kits were originally Lindberg if using the Petty 64 Belvedere and one of the superstock dodges. I cut in the middle of the small area between the side glass and where the door goes down. On the trunk cut where you get the top profile. You will need to do some rescribing since the sides don't match up. Don't mix up the chassis plates, one has a longer wheel base than the other
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: