Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with colors for Fireball's 63 Galaxie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pierre Rivard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:55 am    Post subject: Help with colors for Fireball's 63 Galaxie Reply with quote

Looking for any info you guys can provide for Fireball's 63 Galaxie
Is the H&M car we see at some shows the real deal or a tribute
I notice that car does not have the roll cage bar that goes through the passenger footwell, unlike the Lorenzen car. Strange.
Any info on interior colors, sheetmetal, seat, IP and cage?
I hear that car was initially a red car raced by Curtis, true? If so any parts of interior still red?
Any info you may have would be most appreciated
MarkJ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre, the early car was kinda lavender but by the time it got to the southern 500 it was more of metallic, pearlized, almost purple color. basically the same color he used in 1964. If you google Fireball Roberts 63 ford you will get that other lighter colored car.

This is the 1963 Southern 500 car.

Pierre Rivard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark,
The Southern 500 race livery is the one I want to do.
Where I am short of information is about the specific colors for the interior of the car
MarkJ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre Rivard wrote:
Thanks Mark,
Where I am short of information is about the specific colors for the interior of the car

Don't know if its correct or not, but I just did the one I built in black for everything making the inside roof rails red, which my ref pictures showed them to be. I ordered the exterior rattle can paint from model car world. It was called Light purple metallic #2754. I doubt if you would want to go the rattle can way. I bet you could come up with a mix that would be much closer. I also sprayed a light coat of pearl on top of the purple. I can dig up some wip pictures of my build if your interested.
Pierre Rivard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkJ wrote:
Pierre Rivard wrote:
Thanks Mark,

Don't know if its correct or not, but I just did the one I built in black for everything making the inside roof rails red, which my ref pictures showed them to be. I ordered the exterior rattle can paint from model car world. It was called Light purple metallic #2754. I doubt if you would want to go the rattle can way. I bet you could come up with a mix that would be much closer. I also sprayed a light coat of pearl on top of the purple. I can dig up some wip pictures of my build if your interested.

Thank you for your help. Your build will definitely be an inspiration for my own effort.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre, I will send you the ref pictures as a private message. Some are real photos of the real car, some are of my model, and one is a museum car, which I don't know if you can trust. I could not find any good interior shots so I just figured that the interior was all black. Maybe you can find some real pictures of the real interior. I never could. Be on the lookout for a private message.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre, when you look at the real photos you will see that some of the numbers had red outlines and some had black. I can't remember now why, but I chose the black to be correct, maybe some one else can weigh in on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: