Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Racing Pictorial Archival Photos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
racingpictorial

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject: Racing Pictorial Archival Photos Reply with quote

Hello, I am mainly posting to introduce myself and give some information, hopefully I can become a valuable contributor to the board in the future.

I recently purchased the remaining Racing Pictorial negative and slide collection along with around 3,000 issues of the magazine.

I ended up with tens of thousands of negatives and slides used in the magazine of IndyCar and NASCAR from mostly the 1960's-1980's, but predominantly the 60's and 70's from what I have seen so far.

My plan over the next few months is to get them all categorized into a database and then be able to offer prints for sale for those looking for photos of specific cars. I do have a list already of the extra magazines I have available.

Anyway, I didn't want to spam the board with this message in multiple places but did want to introduce myself, I am a longtime Indianapolis 500 collector and officer in the Indianapolis 500 collector club, feel free to say hello or message me if you have any questions regarding the project.

Mike
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thats exciting news, remember when those were "hawked "at about every race track I went to, will be very excited to see what you have, how can I get a list of magazines for sale?
Welcome to the forum, look forward to hearing more from you
racingpictorial

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crime Dog wrote:
Wow, thats exciting news, remember when those were "hawked "at about every race track I went to, will be very excited to see what you have, how can I get a list of magazines for sale?
Welcome to the forum, look forward to hearing more from you

Thanks for the kind welcome!

Here's the ones I KNOW I have multiple copies of for sale, I have a few more issues that I will be adding to the list, but this is the group that I have at least 10 each of, sometimes 100!!! Smile

1972 Spring (A.J. Foyt)
1972 Summer (Indianapolis 500)
1973 Summer (Gordon Johncock)
1974 Spring (Richard Petty/Bobby Unser)
1976 Spring (A.J. Foyt)
1976 Summer (Cale Yarborough/Johnny Rutherford)
1976 Fall (David Pearson/A.J. Foyt)
1977 Summer (A.J. Foyt)
1977-78 Annual (Cale Yarborough)
1978 Summer (Al Unser/Cale Yarborough)
1979 Spring (A.J. Foyt)
1979 Summer (Rick Mears)
1980 Spring (Johnny Rutherford)
1980 Summer (Cale Yarborough/Johnny Rutherford)
1981 Fall (Larry Rice)
1984 Spring (Mario Andretti)
1986 Summer (Bobby Rahal/Final Issue!)
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you give me a price list and how to order, You can PM me if you prefer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: