Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1981 Osterlund Wrangler Pontiac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTK515043

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject: 1981 Osterlund Wrangler Pontiac Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I had a dreadful experience with Pledge floor polish (as a gloss coat) on my last WIP (i.e. 1989 Petty Pontiac), so... I've shelved that one for now, and have been working on this one, instead. It's coming along ok-ish, I think, but the MCW yellow seems like it's going to be a bit too 'pale' compared to the Powerslide decals. We'll find out soon, though... Lol! Thx.

https://public.fotki.com/-JTK515043-/wrangler-pontiac-2/
Quote:
MarkJ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job applying the paint, but I think your right . It looks like a light beige more then a yellow. Thats why I now mix my own paint till i get it right. If you messed up with the pledge floor care it will come off with ammonia.
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windex will typically remove Future/Pledge.
JTK515043

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally finished this one up, and just posted a link over in the showroom forum. And, thanks for the great tips regarding future/pledge, but, I think going forward I'm just going to try to steer clear of it. Haha!
MarkJ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTK515043 wrote:
I finally finished this one up, and just posted a link over in the showroom forum. And, thanks for the great tips regarding future/pledge, but, I think going forward I'm just going to try to steer clear of it. Haha!

I dont know how you applied the future, errrrr , pledge. But I always have good luck using a wide soft bristle brush and barely overlapping the strokes. And dont touch it till it drys. it will lay down very smoothly as if you spray painted it . Might try it again on an old test body. I love the stuff.
Pierre Rivard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Mark. Don't give up on Future. Once you develop your method it offers an easy alternative to spraying.
2 thin coats, decals and 2 final coats. Just don't retouch a freshly painted area because it starts drying very quick.
I even brush one coat on clear parts to make them look more like glass.
Not quite the lustre of showroom paint but really good for that vintage racer look.

[url[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: