Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTB: AMC 1972/73 Matador Resin 1/25 Scale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Trading Post
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob B

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject: WTB: AMC 1972/73 Matador Resin 1/25 Scale Reply with quote

Hello Fellow Scale Modelers!
I've seen pics of a resin 1972/73 AMC Matador (2 door) in 1/25th scale.
Does any one have one for sale or trade?
Let me know.
Thanks!
Bob B
tlaferri

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you meaning the NASCAR one or a stock?
If NASCAR, MCW made it but it hasn't been in production for a while, can possibly find one on ebay as they pop up occasionally, I have one (not for sale)but honestly its not that great looking, they used the Johan Rebel kit as base and cobbled together a nose/hood but it's not very accurate or symmetric.
If you're up for a little conversion work though, Too Many Projects does a stock two door matador that's very nice if you can snag one from him (can see his stuff on facebook but he sells on ebay). I'm using the front clip from his on the MCW body to make it more accurate but he does a complete street version body that's spot on and could be made into the NASCAR version fairly easily if thats the desire

Terry

Bob B

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="tlaferri"]Are you meaning the NASCAR one or a stock?
If NASCAR, MCW made it but it hasn't been in production for a while, can possibly find one on ebay as they pop up occasionally, I have one (not for sale)but honestly its not that great looking, they used the Johan Rebel kit as base and cobbled together a nose/hood but it's not very accurate or symmetric.
If you're up for a little conversion work though, Too Many Projects does a stock two door matador that's very nice if you can snag one from him (can see his stuff on facebook but he sells on ebay). I'm using the front clip from his on the MCW body to make it more accurate but he does a complete street version body that's spot on and could be made into the NASCAR version fairly easily if thats the desire

Terry

Hello Terry!
Thanks so much for sharing your insight!!
Yes, I'm looking to build the NASCAR version.
Specifically the Team Penske '72 AMC Matador driven by Mark Donahue that won the 1973 Winston West race at Riverside.
Bob B
tlaferri

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject: matador Reply with quote

Thats the plan for mine as well-Message Rob/Too Many Projects and see if he's still doing his Matador, its kinda pricey but is way nicer than the MCW one
Bob B

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: matador Reply with quote

tlaferri wrote:
Thats the plan for mine as well-Message Rob/Too Many Projects and see if he's still doing his Matador, its kinda pricey but is way nicer than the MCW one

Good luck with your build!
Please keep me posted, and perhaps we can trade build insights.
I'll message Rob.
Thanks again!
Bob
tlaferri

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will do, pm'd you just now as well
Bob B

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tlaferri wrote:
will do, pm'd you just now as well

Got your PM.
Thanks!
Bob B

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still on the hunt for a resin Matador if anyone on the Forum would like to help me obtain one!!
Thanks!
Bob B
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Trading Post All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: