Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2016 Jimmie Johnson Blue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WildFlames24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: 2016 Jimmie Johnson Blue Reply with quote

Hi all,

What is the best blue for Jimmie Johnson's 2016 Lowe's car?

Thank you in advance!
Holly
Jim N

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw the car in person, it was a metallic blue. I use Rustoleum Cobalt Blue for the Hendrick cars that have this color blue. The problem is that when they went to the yellow numbers, it really throws the blue color off and, depending on the lighting, makes it look like a French Blue instead.

The 3 pictures below are from Kansas. The first is from qualifying for the spring race and the second from a practice in the fall. The third picture is from the fall race and demonstrates what I mean by the car looking like it is a French Blue. I hope this helps.

WildFlames24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Jim!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: