Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for ASA Monte Carlo; 2000-2004 Body style

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red96

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject: Looking for ASA Monte Carlo; 2000-2004 Body style Reply with quote

Looking for a body to use for an ASA build from the days of the AC Delco Challenge Series, when the cars were running the new (at that time) LS-1 Lingenfelter engines. ('99-2001 with M/Carlo, Thunderbird and Gran Prix bodies) The races were televised back in the day on TNT, and can be found on youtube still.

These, and the Mid-American stock car series cars, used the Sportsman fiberglass bodies built by Five Star, over a Howe chassis. Some had other mfgr's front and rear clips, but they all had Howe center sections.

When the series went bust in the early 2000's (lost their TV rights), many of these cars were mothballed as they didn't fit other sanctioning bodies' specs. A bunch of them were later converted to road-racing trim and are still very popular in road racing circles today. We have about a dozen of them running out here in the Pacific Northwest in SCCA and ICSCC.

I've never seen a kit with this body style. I'm hoping someone over the years made a resin body or a nose to graft onto an existing kit. NASCAR never used the 2000-2004 nose to my knowledge - they all used the later 2005-06 nose style, with the single opening grille.

The nose I'm looking for would look like this:

Any help is appreciated.

D
Toys4Don

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your PMs. Don
Red96

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate the reply, but I'm not seeing any PM's ...
Toys4Don

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is really weird. I know I typed it and was pretty sure I sent it, but it’s not in my outbox. Redo:

I checked my stash and I have a resin “Front Nose clip update for 2000-2002 Monte Carlos.” No manufacturer, but it includes instructions that indicate it is for Revell/Monogram models. It looks pretty much the same as the top of our picture, but the bottom is blank so you will have to make some modifications. Let me know if you are interested. Don
Red96

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for ASA Monte Carlo; 2000-2004 Body style Reply with quote

STill looking....Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: