Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does it fit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scotty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject: Does it fit? Reply with quote

Building a 1994 Kyle Petty, Mello Yello Pontiac GP. I want a more accurate interior than the GP chassis. Has anyone tried to build a Lumina chassis and then put it on the GP body? I know a few pieces will fit the GP to help detail it, but I didn't want to waste my time building the whole thing if its not going to fit.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Razorback 46

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a kit bash with a 1991 Pontiac with 1988 bumpers on a Lumina chassis with the Oldsmobile's deck panel. Should be OK with the '91 nose too. The only other thing I'd do as far as the chassis goes is to move the diagonal bar that's next to the driver. Also, shave the NACA ducts on the windows a bit to fit around the hoses. For the body, just cut the A-pillar braces off since the chassis has them.

Scotty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razorback,

Thank you so much sir! I really appreciate your input. I will be giving it a try and see where I end up. I have plenty of lumina chassis, so if it doesn't work, I will still have the Pontiac frame.
Razorback 46

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to help!! Can't wait to see how it turns out!! Very Happy
Scotty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah....about how it turns out. you may be waiting a while. with work, kids, sports, life, did i mention kids? LOL!! it may take some time, but i will share with the rest of the class once shes done.

thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: