Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LeeRoy's last #39

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hawk22

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject: LeeRoy's last #39 Reply with quote

This was the last Red Moore #39 for LeeRoy (actually LeeRoy's brother took over at the wheel of the next #39 and LeeRoy drove a race or two with brother Eldon's name on the car).
But back to this #39. It's a 32 Ford bodied car with the W head head Chevy truck engine. There were a few "secrets" built into this one but I promised to kept them a secret.
LeeRoy moved on to the #6 Model A bodied car I posted earlier (painted black then yellow), then a blue #9 32 Ford bodied car (also posted).
This last #39 was burned in a garage fire. No good pictures to work from except closeups of the sponsors. So the graphics are pretty accurate.
In 1962 LeeRoy moved to NASCAR land with an occasional appearances at the 1/2 mile clay Jax speedway. But in Late models .
That's everything LeeRoy drove at the Jax track except his original self owned car (a beatup 40 ford flathead), and a 34 chevy bodied #39. I would do this one but doesn't seem anyone ever made a 34 chevy coupe that I can find.
All of these # 39 and #6 cars were done for a personnel friend of LeeRoy's and his family in Jacksonville. Now I need to do everything again because I was also a big LeeRoy Yarbrough fan...

sentsat71

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another GREAT build!!!!!

..applause ..applause ..applause
BoxM1951

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mighty fine work! Luv the old modifieds, coupes and coaches 'circa '62-'64
Henryjint

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: