Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone on here build winged sprint cars?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
18degrees

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:47 am    Post subject: anyone on here build winged sprint cars? Reply with quote

if so, i have a tip for making the wing supports. I am building my first one in a long time, and have been doing little things for detail and accuracy, so I decided that I would attempt some wing supports.

start with .035" Evergreen rod. measure and cut them to the proper length (they most likely won't be the same size, depending on where you mount them). then take a pair of pliers that have smooth jaws and flatten a little bit of each end. you will have to experiment with the angle of each flat part so they lay flat when you glue them. paint and attach!

GovtMuleMan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s a great idea. I’m working on CBell’s current #21 car.

Thank you for sharing
GhstRider68

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look really good. I just picked up some Swindell and Kinser kits to do. Thanks for the tip!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: