Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

time has passed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bandit2026

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: time has passed Reply with quote

I believe that my time has passed in the modeling world. Since this site has been back up I've seen no old coupe style modifieds or late model sportsman cars. Last week I went to a model show and swap meet [Roanoke Va.] and was looking for chevy coupes either 37 coupe or any slammers, and found not one. The closest were 2 Tobias modifieds and they were on my table. Guess I'll start searching evil bay while hoping for some reissues. I guess at 70 years I'm the only one who remembers this style of racing.
dirtman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt your time has passed. Hang in there, I'm sure some of those old mods will pop up again. Right now, I'm sort of into 60's and 70's late models but who knows what it will be in a month or two....This forum is too good to just give up on...

Rett
Olderndirt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You’re not alone. I too am a builder that prefers early modifieds, and what I like to call the earlier jalopyfieds. I build a few late models from the mid sixties as well. These were great race cars built with tons of enginuity, but not tons of money. I hate cookie cutter race cars that only differ in paint and graphics.

Olderndirt
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also love the modified coupes and search for them when ever I am at a meet I would love to see them reissued or better yet a new mold...
Hang in there you aren't that old (say's the 66 year old)as a side note I am going to be doing decals for Ray Hendricks 69 Chevelle Short Track car Ray was one of the best ever in a coupe...
Olderndirt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really want to take a trip down memory lane, go to the Okie Bowl Hardtops sight. These are just high end jalopies. It like being young again.

Olderndirt
hawk22

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: time has passed Reply with quote

bandit2026 wrote:
I believe that my time has passed in the modeling world. Since this site has been back up I've seen no old coupe style modifieds or late model sportsman cars. Last week I went to a model show and swap meet [Roanoke Va.] and was looking for chevy coupes either 37 coupe or any slammers, and found not one. The closest were 2 Tobias modifieds and they were on my table. Guess I'll start searching evil bay while hoping for some reissues. I guess at 70 years I'm the only one who remembers this style of racing.

Do you mean models posted on this site or the real thing? I have posted lots
of early model coupe modified & late models (mainly cars I saw race) and most are still on the front page. Have more I could post but really they don't get much response from fellow forum members. Slot Car Fever makes 100's of decals for this era. I'm not 70 but maybe just don't follow your post.
Sorry!!!!
'
Also don't have any issues with EBAY, great place to shop....
Bluesman Mark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: time has passed Reply with quote

bandit2026 wrote:

Check this site out then. Resin goodies to build those vintage modifieds & other short trackers:

http://www.bigdonkeyresin.com/index.html

Bodies, frames, suspension parts, tires, you name it!
Rich Sipos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hay Bandit you are not alone in the age thingy. There are still AMT and Revell old coupes for sale on online hobby stores and some priced reasonable. I love building mods from the 60's some fantasy and the most part replica builds of cars that were my favorites as a kid or were unique. I just posted a build in the fab section.
Rich
Mark C.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for pics of built models, here's one I completed a long time ago from the 66 Skylark mod stocker kit. I changed a few things up to better represent the cars that used to race on my local track though.

Here are a few I started but haven't gotten around to finishing:

AMT '69 Cougar body on reissued Super Stocker chassis:

Revell '67 Charger body on Super Stocker chassis:

AMT '69 Chevelle body on AMT NASCAR T-bird chassis with PPP wheels:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: