Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: I have had ENOUGH of spiders!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject: Off Topic: I have had ENOUGH of spiders! Reply with quote

I'd like to preface this with a shout out to Dennis O., get well wherever you are.

I have been bitten more times by spiders THIS YEAR, than in 50! Seven at last count. Abby and I are cleaning up the living room a little bit ago and I see a little, shiny black spider ZIPPING across the entranceway, straight for the carpet. As he raced under the shadow of the trash can I simply picked it up and placed it over him. This can is a 5 gallon bucket from wal mart we use as a trash can so I know it has a lip around the bottom thus, trapping the spider to starve. Abby says "It's on carpet dodo." And my immediate concern level was meh. "I'll get him whenever."
I start the vacuum not five minutes later and as I turn left next to my recliner I see the spider, running right at me! Shocked "Are you charging me?!" Fellas, I had never in my life seen a spider this aggressive and I lived in Florida for a time. I feel like his plan was to take me down at all costs! He get's within two feet and Abby says "Vacuum". Then we argued for ten minutes who was killing him because he was NOT being released!

So with that said, have any of you experienced anything like this?!

And finally, after what happened to Dennis? I think I'm just going to sit real still for a couple days until this passes! Karma? If you're watching, I don't know what I did but, I'm sorry.
gks1964

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you remember what happened to Peter Parker? That worked out pretty cool!
TonyK

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly why I hate spiders! All other bugs, snakes, critters will scurry AWAY from you but I've had numerous spiders come toward me. Running toward me.

I've been bit before and one time I was sick for a few days afterwards. I have to argue with people that like to say I'm "afraid" of spiders. Not afraid. I hate them and I kill them all the time. Hard to be afraid and manage to fight and kill them at the same time.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gks1964 wrote:
Do you remember what happened to Peter Parker? That worked out pretty cool!
SEVEN BITES! Seven since the year started, not ONE superpower yet! I am supremely disappointed in Stan Lee. (May he rest well).
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyK wrote:
Exactly why I hate spiders! All other bugs, snakes, critters will scurry AWAY from you but I've had numerous spiders come toward me. Running toward me.

I've been bit before and one time I was sick for a few days afterwards. I have to argue with people that like to say I'm "afraid" of spiders. Not afraid. I hate them and I kill them all the time. Hard to be afraid and manage to fight and kill them at the same time.
So it ISN'T just me!? 8 eyes, 8 legs AND fangs. I don't care how small they are, this thing was on a mission. No bigger than your average tick, and he was sure he was taking me out. I had to do it.
Brandon Miller

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been bitten 2 different times by brown recluse spiders. Not fun.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man! Those are the flesh eating spiders. Hope you got to the doctor quick, I have a cousin that nearly lost a foot.
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject: I'm here Reply with quote

I'm here Adam....my ankle injury has relegated me upstairs and out of my modeling area. I have another surgery coming on Monday which will knock me back a bit. I'm reading posts, just not saying much. My advice is not to break and ankle.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No breaking ankles... got it. Smile Sounds like good advice. I spotted your name lurking at the bottom of the main page a couple times so I knew you'd been here. Just letting you know we're all still thinking of you. That and the spider attack seemed (at the time anyway) about as bad a squirrel squatters. Anymore I just start my day by getting up, looking in the mirror and just rolling my eyes. Wink Then I go sit quietly until the lightning comes. I just know it's going to happen, it's not knowing when that drives me mad.
sentsat71

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis O...
Thankfully I've only had to deal with 2 sever sprained ankles, one in 1973 and the other in 1981.
I still say the 1973 sprain was not as bad as it cold have been, as I was trotting back to the office bldg when I turned it. I was able to stop without falling or stepping on it again, and maybe the boots I was wearing may have helped from braking it.
1983 was a different story, again at a slight trot, wearing shoes this time. did it again at a different location. this bime my momentum was such that I stepped down on the injured foot/ankle, this time the leg buckled and did a perfect tuck and roll and came back up on my good foot/ankle and leaned across the hood of the car right in front of me and leaned oaver the hood. (Was working for Avis Rent-a-Car both times)
The last one was about half way through my shift on a Mon. morning and was off for the rest of the week, Could not even lightl touch my right foot on the ground.....
I was always told that spraining one's ankle was worse than breaking, but they never said how bad it would be falling down stairs.....

Here's hoping things go great on your next surgery and pray for a quick recovery....!
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a house in Tennessee that turned out to be infested with brown recluses even though it was new construction when I moved in. I assume they hitched a ride on a pallet of building material. One bit me on the back of the thigh just above the knee, I think I sat on it. And I found another one dead in my bed, I must have rolled over on it in my sleep. My t-shirt probably protected me. During certain times of the year I would kill a half dozen or more per week.

One nice thing about living up north now is not having to deal with so many spiders and other insects.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: