Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kyle Larson

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject: Kyle Larson Reply with quote

First of all I want to be on record as saying that there is absolutely no excuse for use of the word that was used.
Larson committed career suicide over the weekend now after saying that it leaves a big hole in NASCARS silly season, one of the top candidates is out and one of the top rides will be empty it will be interesting over the next few months to see the changes in teams and loyalties. That along with this Covid -19 situation could make this an extremely interesting silly season. Does anyone have a list of drivers that are in the last year of there contract. As a game if we do have a list, perhaps we could place drives in open cars. If you want to I will offer three decals from my company to the winner but I will not be the judge that will have to be done by someone else. You guys make a decision and lets move forward. If you want to see what decals I have here is a link.... https://smpdecals.com/

Take Care and Stay Healthy..............Hemiman........ [/url]
DaveVan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Kyle was super dumb. (not regular dumb)
I think the punishment is a bit harsh.
After all he can drive down the street in his convertible Camaro blasting a CD (do people still do that) with with the same words or more nasty words and get a thumbs up.....but say it once himself....DEATH penalty.
I ain't a Kyle fan......but I think it needs to be more even handed.
IMHO ONLY!
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda wondering if Bubba will weigh in.
bangor boy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not close this thread and start a new one under the heading 'Silly Season Contest'?

Larson will likely never race in NASCAR again. His brain fart got prominent world wide play in so many media outlets where NASCAR is watched - Canada, UK, Australia and beyond - that it's inconceivable he will be allowed back. NASCAR marketing is already hard enough and this will only set it back further while perpetuating the image of a redneck sport. It's harsh punishment but necessary.

I was a fan. Enjoyed his balls to the wall racing style. Using his name for this contest is not appropriate.
Hot Wheels

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will be back ...2021 #14
shortwheels

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Dave V, you can drive down the street in your car with the stereo blasting every word under the sun, thats ok, but don't say certain words in public BS
DaveVan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot Wheels wrote:
He will be back ...2021 #14

Two minutes after I heard he was fired.....same thought!!!!!
Kyle will go to the sensitivity class.....beg forgiveness and then win 2 races in the #14 2021. NASCAR will love it.....a story of redemption, forgiveness and success...... hard to write this good.
Mack

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NASCAR went into immediate damage control. He had to fall on a sword. Was it stupid? Yep, Is he the only guy in all of NASCAR that uses that word? Probably not. The potential fallout probably bothered the powers that be, more than anyone else. Should he have said it? No. Was it a name he's probably called that guy before? Probably so. And I'm guessing the two of them thought nothing about it in private. Had he known everyone else could hear him, would he have said it? No. But we will always have the "holier than thou, sanctimonious crowd " baited and waiting to pounce on someones slip up. And we should never forget, pro athletes, celebrities of all stripes seldom match the carefully crafted images they project. Micheal Vick rebounded from killing dogs, I think Larson may live to race again.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bet a beer or two were involved too, Mack!
Mack

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
Bet a beer or two were involved too, Mack!

Yep, the guy is sitting in the confines of his home, with no idea people are hearing his every word.....Now, He has to "get his mind right", so to speak.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not modeling related. This discussion belongs on the Facebook page for NASCAR discussion.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: