Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do i post photos in my post?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Under the Hood
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Hanner
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:52 pm    Post subject: How do i post photos in my post? Reply with quote

How do i post Photo's in my post??

If you don't have one already you will need to find an online host that allows "Hot linking" where you can store any pictures that you would like to post and where the board can access it. (You can not post pictures that are on your computers C: drive, the pictures must be hosted online)

Most of our members have free hosting accounts from Fotki, Imgur, postimage.org or any number of other photo hosting services. refer to the photo hosts directions about how to upload your photo's to their server.

A lot of Internet Service Providers (ISP's) also set aside a little bit of space (Usually 5 to 10 megs) for their subscribers to host a small personal webpage. Inquire with your provider to see if they offer this with your account.

Once your pictures are online you can then post them for the rest of the board to see.

On the posting page you will see a box with the letters Img (image), click this button twice. You will get this:

[img][/img]

Click in the middle of those two brackets ][ and then enter the full URL of your picture

Example
(img) http://www.yourhostprovider.com/yourpicture.jpg(/img)

IMPORTANT- in the example above i used Parenthesis ( ) instead of the brackets so that the example would show up. Had i used the required brackets you wouldn't see the example as the board would try to post a non-existent picture and you would instead be seeing the dreaded "Red X" or broken picture link icon.

To post pictures the img tags MUST be in brackets [ ]

When you hit the submit button your picture will be included in your post
Razorback 46

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click the button before and after pasting the image URL.

Rattlecan Dan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:34 am    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Thank You Mr. Hanner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Under the Hood All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: