Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Glue kit sales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lionpride

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Glue kit sales Reply with quote

Does anybody have any knowledge of how these are selling? I see an awful lot of completed builds on the FB pages.

Don
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revell ain't going to say.....Mike may have an idea....
18degrees

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Referencing what Dave said, Mikes has a memo posted with the new kits on his site, stating that the price went up a bit due to his original distributor selling out of them and he had to go another route to get more. I would say that they are selling well based on that statement.

Then Chevy has to switch to the Camaro and screw everything up!
Pat Redmond
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's plenty in MY basement ............ Rolling Eyes Laughing
George Andrews

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't find any of the new NASCAR glue kits at my local Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago. ( No snap kits either )
Reyst

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Andrews wrote:
I couldn't find any of the new NASCAR glue kits at my local Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago. ( No snap kits either )

Hobby Lobby cleared out those snapper kits before Christmas to make room for newer kits. They have yet to get the Glue Kits in period and I continue to believe that the “when” is becoming an “If”.

That being said there are several online retailers that have good prices on the Fusions and SS kits.
Rob Spires
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

18degrees wrote:
Then Chevy has to switch to the Camaro and screw everything up!

To be fair, the SS had a five year run. Historically most bodies don’t make it that long without major alterations. It just took Revell 4.5 years to get a kit on the market Laughing

Hopefully they will see it worthy to update the mold for the Camaro, especially with the similarities to the SS.
tomcat65

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that there will be no current NASCAR kits at Hobby Lobby stores, due NASCAR having an energy drink brand as the title sponsor. The owners of HL view energy drinks the same as alcohol. As the owners being Christians, they do not promote/sell anything that would lead a customer to drinking alcohol. And in this case, energy drinks... When the snap kits came out, the cup series was still sponsored by Sprint. So the snap kits were on the shelves. But at the same time the Brad K kit was not sold at HL. Even though it did not have "Miller" on the kit, it still was connected to Miller in the eyes of ownership.... I hope this explains a little. I had asked why no glue kits at my local HL, and this was the response I got. Not looking to start a religious debate. Just passing along info I was told...

Thomas
Reyst

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomcat65 wrote:
My understanding is that there will be no current NASCAR kits at Hobby Lobby stores, due NASCAR having an energy drink brand as the title sponsor. The owners of HL view energy drinks the same as alcohol. As the owners being Christians, they do not promote/sell anything that would lead a customer to drinking alcohol. And in this case, energy drinks... When the snap kits came out, the cup series was still sponsored by Sprint. So the snap kits were on the shelves. But at the same time the Brad K kit was not sold at HL. Even though it did not have "Miller" on the kit, it still was connected to Miller in the eyes of ownership.... I hope this explains a little. I had asked why no glue kits at my local HL, and this was the response I got. Not looking to start a religious debate. Just passing along info I was told...

Thomas

I said the same thing months ago before the board was rebooted and was completely shot down by “several in the know” and was reassured Hobby Lobby will get the kits last. This was back in October, but reassuring to hear my theory might be true
DaveVan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think HL NOT carrying the glue Cup kits has more to do with them unable to sell the snap kits. I have 3 HL stores I can go to. All had the snap kits closed out at $4 and they sat for a long time......they may have even pulled them when they didn't sell at that price. HL is in the business to make money.....I bet their hobby buyer is a little scared of Cup kits. And since HL is a private held company none of us KNOW.
Reyst

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
I think HL NOT carrying the glue Cup kits has more to do with them unable to sell the snap kits. I have 3 HL stores I can go to. All had the snap kits closed out at $4 and they sat for a long time......they may have even pulled them when they didn't sell at that price. HL is in the business to make money.....I bet their hobby buyer is a little scared of Cup kits. And since HL is a private held company none of us KNOW.

With all do respect, my 3 Hobby Lobby stores had the Cushman kits, the Allison Cyclones, and the Pepsi Lagunas on clearance for $8 each and were on the shelves for a while as well. Maybe there is some truth to both sides
martinfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can add is this is the last year of the 3year licensing agreement between Revell and NASCAR, and it would make all the sense in the world for them to tool up the Camaro body, that gives that kit at least a few years of relevance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: