Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2016 Lowes Blue?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject: 2016 Lowes Blue? Reply with quote

Any idea for a rattle can colour match for Jimmies 2016 champ car .

Thanks for your time
Ron
bangor boy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall this shade of blue being debated before the Great Server Crash of 2017. Can't recall what shade was settled on but metallic blue is definitely the choice. Plenty of pics of the real and diecast cars showing the sparkle.
Jim N

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, WildFlames24 asked this question and I answered and downloaded a few pictures. The link is below. Hope this helps.

http://randyayersmodeling.com/modelingforum/viewtopic.php?t=73&sid=abf1f1e836105b1e6891b7bba6438ced
Taz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim N wrote:
Ron, WildFlames24 asked this question and I answered and downloaded a few pictures. The link is below. Hope this helps.

http://randyayersmodeling.com/modelingforum/viewtopic.php?t=73&sid=abf1f1e836105b1e6891b7bba6438ced

Thanks Jim, would it be safe to say it is close to the 2006 shade of blue?

Ron
Reyst

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based upon my research, the car was a metallic blue for most of the year. During 6 of the final 10 races(including Homestead) the car was a solid blue close to a TS-44 or TS-93 depending on your preference.
bangor boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an excellent quality reference pic. Huge file size and gotta say Reyst is correct about the switch to solid blue:

https://sandiegosportsdomination.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/16hmstd1nk10684.jpg
Jim N

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taz, if you are going to use a metallic blue, I believe the color would be consistent with the color from 2006. I have built Jimmie's cars form 2003 through 2013 and used Rustoleum Cobalt Blue. It appears to be spot on with the metallic blue used by Hendrick. I have the decals to build the 2016 car and will use the same paint.

Lighting and the change to yellow numbers changes the way the blue presents dramatically. Both of the pictures below are from the fall race at Kansas. This was the fourth race of the Chase. The first picture was taken on Saturday and it is clearly metallic. The second was taken on Sunday. It does not appear to be metallic at all and matches all of the photos of a non-metallic paint.

Taz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bangor boy wrote:
Here's an excellent quality reference pic. Huge file size and gotta say Reyst is correct about the switch to solid blue:

https://sandiegosportsdomination.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/16hmstd1nk10684.jpg

Not so sure how accurate the colours are in that pic...unless Jimmie is really suffering from the flu? he looks pretty pale, and back round looks funny Confused

Ron
HurricaneDave3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with Jim, I used Rustoleum Cobalt Blue as well on my cars and it's super close.
Richmond purple Uno Buick (done)
Andretti Carfax Impala
LePage Patron Charger
Green Timberwolf Monte
150+ other NASCAR kits
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: