Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2018 Kevin Harvick Jimmy John's Fusion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmartin359

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject: 2018 Kevin Harvick Jimmy John's Fusion Reply with quote

So I have started work on a 2018 Jimmy John's fusion. I have always wanted to make a more accurate cup seat. I was also challenged to build a HANS device, which I tried and decided to give the helmet a shot. I know the helmet is not 100% but I think it captures the look.

bmartin359

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finished up the dash for the Harvick car. This was my first time using the Powerslide dash decals. My ignition wire loops are a little to tall. I went with using a brown wire instead of painting them black to have a tiny bit of contrast. I decided to try and scratch build the cushion that is under the steering wheel between the drivers legs. I am satisfied overall but can still see some areas for improvements. One thing I have discovered is that taking pictures after I am done gives me a great perspective of what I missed with my MKI eyeball.

bmartin359

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the engine all finished up next. The air cleaner is done as well and I will get a completed shot of that at a later date.

chuck sparnecht

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Detailed seat Reply with quote

The seat you've made for the Harvick car is great. What did you use for the padding?
bmartin359

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuck sparnecht, two different sizes of silly winks foam sheets. I got mine at Hobby Lobby.
bmartin359

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have started putting the chassis together. I am somewhat pleased with how it is turning out. I have the decal placement off on a couple of things. I reworked the shifter to more like ones I have seen on some in car shots. I am not sure if it is used by Harvick or not. I added a fire suppression bottle to under the dash. I also smoothed and decaled the air duct with a carbon fiber decal. More photos to come as I move along on this build.

HurricaneDave3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could see the pics, it sounds amazing so far!!!
Richmond purple Uno Buick (done)
Andretti Carfax Impala
LePage Patron Charger
Green Timberwolf Monte
150+ other NASCAR kits
bmartin359

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi HurricaneDave3 are the images not showing up correctly? They should be clickable as well to take you the the image hosting site I use.
bmartin359

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the chassis is almost done. I had some issues with fit but I got it all together. This is my first build of the Revell Glue kits so I am filling the notebook with notes on what I should do next. I don't know how the stance will turn out but I did lower the spring height on the front and rear. I also shortened the shocks. This did throw off the fit for the driveshaft so that may be something to think about for my next build. I hope you guys enjoy. The images are links that will take you to a larger image to view.

bmartin359

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chassis is all done. Learned a considerable amount about how these Revell glue kits go together. The tires were decaled with powerslide decals. The body has been painted and a two part clear applied. I should get a photo of that later today.

bmartin359

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Painted and all ready for decals. I did fill in the hatch on the roof since that was not used on short tracks.

bmartin359

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All finished you can find more photos in the showroom. Please feel free to click on the image to get a larger view.

onti

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome job
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: