Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A true junk yard build??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sentsat71

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject: A true junk yard build?? Reply with quote

This is what happens when you have no new kits to build. Built shortly before I started painting my builds. Paint applied in the 70's, again when not having kits around to build. Experimented with various shades of Testor's black and silver bottle paint and applied by brush. Decals were not applied till around 2006/2007

Frame from AMT '57 Chevy, Body from and early '60's Mercury Comet, with parts from 6 other "scrapped builds, plus mostly scratch built roll cage from parts sprues and floorboard from file card...
drppr76

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty cool for what you had to work with - you did a good job with what you had
sentsat71

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have seen what I did to that old IMC Dodge Pickup.....! Very Happy Shocked
Can't even describe what I did to it. No, never took a pic of it.....
drppr76

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you got the spare parts there's nothing wrong with putting them to good use
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: