Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

one of the 1st 2 builds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sentsat71

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject: one of the 1st 2 builds Reply with quote

that were painted as i built them, circa 1971
Don't know if this was the 1st AMT modified stocker form AMT or not. But either Car Modle mag or Model Car & Science mag had an article on how to upgrade the Fairlane Modified Stocker....This article was the reason for buying this kit..

This was one of the last built in Iowa before heading for Southern Calif in early 1972

The 2nd and last (until I find a way to get back to the work table) modified stocker
the 1966 Chevy....

And, that is an MPC decal on the deck lid....the decal between the number and rear wheel is from an old WWII airplane kit....
Scratch built from headers to along the sides
Henryjint

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldies but goodies!!!
Firefly

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: one of the 1st 2 builds Reply with quote

sentsat71 wrote:
... Car Modle mag or Model Car & Science mag had an article on how to upgrade the Fairlane Modified Stocker....This article was the reason for buying this kit..

Was that the article that showed the method of adding tread to the tires by rolling them over a heated piece of window screen? I remember that one.
sentsat71

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Bill...that is the article I'm referring to....still have that issue as well as one that was about the Edmunds super and scratch building a trailer for it....along with a wing for the supermod.....still have that issue as well....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: