Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tim Richmond Old Milwaukee Pontiac Color

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjsipes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Tim Richmond Old Milwaukee Pontiac Color Reply with quote

Was wondering if anybody knew the color of the Old Milwaukee Pontiac that Tim Richmond drove? I have seen a plain red, plain red that was a little on the dark side (similar to Folgers Monte) and I have seen build ups that appear to be a metallic red color. Also I believe I have seen pictures of the car with and without Gold along the bottom. Was the car run both ways?
George Andrews

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall that only the 1983 LeMans had the gold lower body sides. The Grand Prix was solid color maroon or whatever that color was. That paint looked different in differing light conditions; I'm pretty sure it had some metallic to it.
john843

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsipes, if you will check on about page three of the Showroom forum, Old Coyote did a beautiful Old Milwaukee Pontiac that he used MCW-2056 on.
The original post was Apr. 4th 2018. It looks as close as I've seen and as George said, that was definitely one of those cars that looked different depending on the light and conditions. Kinda like the 99 STP Plymouth, which seems to look different in every shot I look at.

John
TG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took this picture on a Polaroid in 1985 and saw it race that year at Bristol. Many pictures make it look Maroon or dark red but that car was red....gloss red.

This is a digital shot of the original but it caught the color well.

[img]

TG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car on the postcard that Tim signed that day was not even close to the color of the real car sitting there but it's how it looks in most pictures.

George Andrews

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TG wrote:
I took this picture on a Polaroid in 1985 and saw it race that year at Bristol. Many pictures make it look Maroon or dark red but that car was red....gloss red.

This is a digital shot of the original but it caught the color well.

[img]

Well OK -- there's proof that Blue Max did paint the lower body gold on at least one Grand Prix. Embarassed
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john843 wrote:
jsipes, if you will check on about page three of the Showroom forum, Old Coyote did a beautiful Old Milwaukee Pontiac that he used MCW-2056 on.
The original post was Apr. 4th 2018. It looks as close as I've seen and as George said, that was definitely one of those cars that looked different depending on the light and conditions. Kinda like the 99 STP Plymouth, which seems to look different in every shot I look at.

John

The #99 Plymouth was flourescent red like the STP Indy Cars. That's why it looks different in every shot.
Shadetree Modeler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be safe to assume that you could take an Old Milwaukee Beer label or can and the red would be a match to the car? Then you could take that to your LHS/box store and find a match. That is, if you don't use the MCW paint.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: