Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ignition Wiring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_al40

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject: Ignition Wiring Reply with quote

Looking for ideas (tricks, thoughts etc.) for adding ignition wiring to the newer Chase Elliott Chevy and Kevin Harvick/Danica Patrick Fusions.
I don't usually 'super' detail my NASCAR replica builds but, I have been adding the distributor/spark plug wires for some time.
I have photos of both Chevy and Ford race engines - the Chevy looks to be the easier of the two.
Anyone making new wiring harnesses for these kits?
18degrees

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty easy if you have a pin vise and 30 gauge insulated solid wire. I did one up with black wires and didn’t paint the engine, just put it together to try it out. Will post pics later on tonight.
18degrees

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the photo I used for reference

the wires attach to what appear to be some sort of coil pack at the top of the valve cover. the kits have these molded in. I just used a pin vise with the smallest bit I have, drilled a hole in each of those, and then drilled a hole next to each of the spots where the header attaches. 30 gauge wire that is solid with a sleeve and a small drop of gel super glue... viola! plug wires. and the 30 gauge wire is perfect for ignition box wiring too, I have a lot of different colors.

big_al40

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Ignition Wiring Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip and photos. I kinda figured that this was the way to go.
Al
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: