Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monogram donor parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john843

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject: Monogram donor parts Reply with quote

For anyone looking for donor kits or more specifically, donor PARTS to keep from having to get a whole kit just to get the body shell, hood, etc. here is a link to a guy on ebay named "riswood". He has the most complete array of Monogram/Revelle that I've seen yet. I'm not affiliated with him in any way but have gotten a couple things from him and he is a pleasure to deal with. I think his store's name is racecardonorparts. The items he has listed in the link are not all he carries so you may have to contact him for what's not listed currently.
I've gotten wheels, wheel backs, and tires from him for instance, but they're not listed on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/str/racecardonorparts

John
DaveVan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too bad.....but $2 for a bare chassis......another $3 and I get a complete kit!! To many kits on the market and very few rare parts.
TG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
Not too bad.....but $2 for a bare chassis......another $3 and I get a complete kit!! To many kits on the market and very few rare parts.

Where are you seeing kits for $5 ?
DaveVan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last fall at the Roanoke IPMS show I got a number of old Monogram kits at $5.....and a plastic bag with 3 AMT 90's era kits minus bodies for $4.....ebay thinks these old kits are gold.....attend a show.
At Salisbury show I was offered AMT kits sealed at $2 if I took all 30 kits the guy had. I didn't but a good deal.

There are deals on ebay but it takes so much time not worth it to me any longer. I bought a case of 12 Monogram #27 Thunderbird for $25......wish they were molded in white....but I make the red work.
Pat Redmond
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same up here in Detroit. $5 Monogram, $10 for 3 AMT kits, Dave.
Mack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will never be a shortage of NASCAR kits. Even at a bargain. They're still plentiful. I no longer buy off of ebay. I can't give $10 for a $5 kit, then pay $10 to ship it. Numbers don't work.
Jim N

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information John.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the 1980's through 90's I helped run a hobby shop We sold a TON of kits to people that never intended to build them......those kits are now hitting the market as folks found they can't retire off the huge gains they had hoped for!!
spooker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone needs bagged donor kits or body sets or parts, please PM me! I probably have it and am not looking to get rich! Open to trades, too.

Brian

PS - Dave, I used to deal with a guy in Virginia and one in California, they each would pay me $180 plus shipping for each complete set of the first 14 Monogram NASCAR kits I could assemble. I was buying them at drugstores, K-Marts and Jamesways for $4 each or less. Then one day, neither would respond to me as they had realized how glutted the market had become. Financed a lot of my hobby $$!
DaveVan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During my hobby shop days we bought a big lot of Monogram stock cars from CB Drug Inc jobber warehouse in Harrisburg NC. They were a wholesaler that serviced the old mom & pop drug stores. In the lot was 300 Bill Elliott Melling Thunderbird kits. They were HOT at the time and I sold many at much more than the $1.00 we paid!! How things change!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: