Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A new decal offering for the Nashville Fairgrounds fans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject: A new decal offering for the Nashville Fairgrounds fans Reply with quote

Sterling Marlin's '66 Chevelle Limited Sportsman from the '74 season at the 1/4 mile inside the Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway. I just finished the test print and final adjustments for these, they're ready to print and bag. I should have them up in my eBay store by tomorrow. As always, if you prefer to not use eBay or PayPal you can contact me to purchase direct.

These will be $9 + $1.50 US postage or $3.50 Canadian postage. If you're a resident of another country contact me and I'll get a shipping estimate.

The paint color appears to be bright red inside and out, probably the same shade of red as Coo Coo's Cup car. The Plastic Performance Products 10" McCreary asphalt slicks and 5 slot wheels should be perfect for this build. Use the Lindberg '66 Chevelle. What I usually do for an early '70s build of this kit is to use a pencil or Sharpie to mark the inside of the body where the rear wheelwells in the chassis sit and use a Dremel with sanding drum to open the rear wheelwells out to just inside the molded in rear inner wheelwells in the chassis. In the front I eyeball my reference photos and use the rear wheelwells for reference to mark and Dremel those out.

DaveVan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COOL!!! I always like Coo Coo and Sterling!
BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this one
Bill
Mack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for a set. Looks like it would be a fairly close match for Sterlings Late Model Nova.

https://i.pinimg.com/600x315/b9/e9/55/b9e955e272ab04fa6ca8f62fe312b258.jpg
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack wrote:
I'm in for a set. Looks like it would be a fairly close match for Sterlings Late Model Nova.

https://i.pinimg.com/600x315/b9/e9/55/b9e955e272ab04fa6ca8f62fe312b258.jpg

Thanks for your interest. The Nova is on my list as well, I just happened to see photos of the Limited and thought it would be a good use for all those '66 Chevelle kits. You're right, the Chevelle artwork is a good start on the Nova artwork.

This was one of those artwork projects that was effortless, I started around 9 PM Friday night after work and grocery shopping, I had done the test print and was almost finished with the final adjustments by 9 on Saturday night, even with fitting the Cunningham-Kelly to the curve of the top of the quarter panel on both sides. I already had a Chevelle body with the wheelwells cut out and the scripts removed so I used that for my test fit mule.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: