Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Quest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wild Bill 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: The Quest Reply with quote

Some of you Sprint car fans might like this short Documentary on a local race.
Speedway
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a well done video.....
john843

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis is right, it's very well done and worth a look. That is a really cool looking track. Versatile to say the least and in a beautiful setting.

John
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Speedway Reply with quote

Good stuff, eh? Why does it have to be so cold in Canada? Big cities with multiple hobby shops, race tracks with full pits and grandstands and a field of competitive cars. And yes beautifully shot and edited. Does anybody know what happened to the Discovery Channel show "Race Night at Bowman Gray"? It was a very similar format of getting into the heads of some racing families competing against one another For the Love of the sport. Of course they have to try to make it a little bit more Snappy and flashy but otherwise really good stuff. They ran three or four episodes and then it disappeared. I don't mind watching the no prep Street Racing type stuff but it was a nice change of pace from the usual cable TV garbage. If I have to see one more show with some idiots with an unlimited budget cutting up a vintage muscle car to "modernize" it or " how to airbrush fake rust on your hot rod" segment I'm going to puke.
halfbreed999

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done video. No more race tracks around me unless I want to drive at least an hour to one. Bobby they were suppose to bring it back saw an ad for it on tv, but never showed up. Dont know what Discovery did with it.
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject: Race Night Reply with quote

I'm going to assume that they're going to run through the entire no prep season, which is actually some really good drag racing, and then hopefully bring back "Race Night at Bowman Gray". As far as I know, the modifieds Run 15 to 20 dates there a year and I'm sure the intensity will increase as the season goes on. There's always bad blood around the Myers Brothers and it makes for high drama. Check out YouTube for some absolutely crazy video with these guys and their competitors . I went to a racetrack and a hockey game broke out ! I just wish Discovery would back off on its tired pseudo heavy metal soundtrack that they have to stick on everything. Other than that it's a very well shot Motorsports show with the occasional technical explanation about the setups of the cars which are awesome! Please Discovery return this great show to us soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: