Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1980s MONOGRAM EXHAUST

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject: 1980s MONOGRAM EXHAUST Reply with quote

...OK, so call me a masochist, but is there some way to make the original exhaust work on the Buick Regal (or MC and GP) for that matter. I know that the cross over pipes are usually just sawed away, but I wondered if you could actually use the exhaust system as intended.

I usually do the removal, but in the event that I didn't the crossovers seemed to be impossible to match up and usually left a horrible gap.
john843

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crime Dog, I've found that with a little test fitting, scraping and filing I can get them to fit pretty good. I usually thin the surface of the headers that abut the bell housing and dry-sump pan that is not visible when mounted to get a better joint at the crossovers. On a couple I've used a small dab of Superglue filler to smooth over where the individual crossover pipes meet each other.
Another detail I use is after they are mounted and painted is to take a super-fine Sharpie (black or brown) and run a thin line down the molded in furrows between the crossover pipes to give them more definition.
If you will PM me a phone #, I'll text you a pic of what I'm talking about.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: