Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cushman Duster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rssschris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Cushman Duster Reply with quote

Hi, going to start my first round track model, AMT`s Cushman Duster. Any thing I should know before beginning? Any tips or ideas are welcome. Thanks,
Chris
Mack

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking a quick study of the instruction sheet is a good idea. I've never built that kit, but I've heard it leaves a lot to the imagination. I hope this helps. And keep us posted.
Toys4Don

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a little while since I played with this one, but here are a couple clues. One the kit comes with a really nice picture booklet to help you. The hood and grill piece need some finagling to match up right, and make sure you test fit things as you go so that the front end doesn’t end up sitting too high.
spooker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've built a half-dozen of those kit car kits, the main challenge is the chassis assembly, just takes some thought and test-fitting. Suspension isn't too bad but the shocks, esp. the front are awful, I usually replace them with something from the parts box, early Monogram NASCAR kits have nice tie-rod end shocks that are period correct. Here's a few pics of my Stewart Dart. It was the beta-test model for Bullring's decal sheet. HTH!

Brian

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: