Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1989 Winston Cup champ WiP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
18degrees

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject: 1989 Winston Cup champ WiP Reply with quote

decided to build the Cup winning car of a (moderately) local driver. always loved the look of this car... chassis is done and the body is nearly done decal wise. I have a set of 94-95 Grand Prix windows from ebay on the way, so it can have the ducts in the rear quarter windows and I can make it a superspeedway version (only because adding brake duct decals to that front end seemed to be a real pain) with the passenger side window, and I will add passenger side skirting via 5/16 styrene L-channel. decided to use Hoosier tires, along with all the other superspeedway details, to simulate his Daytona 500 ride (even though he finished 18th that day... which is pretty good for Rusty at the plate tracks Rolling Eyes ). plus I like Hoosier tires...

Revellogram kit, MCW white paint, Powerslide decals, Testors primer for the chassis. a side note... not sure where I got the original donor chassis from, but the body was warped, so I ended up buying a Kyle Petty Peak kit off ebay for something like $5 delivered after my ebay bucks were applied - couldn't resist that type of deal. decal wise, they all went down easily, except the passenger side green patch under the Kodiak decal, that one took some massaging and lotsa Micro Sol! and it still has some very small wrinkles in it. but the driver's side one went down with no issue at all, so it may have been user error...
Gary Davis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very cool paint scheme..that I've always liked. You sure made it look good 18D. Your decal work really shines off of that white body. Great job

I've been a member since 2006
18degrees

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary Davis wrote:
That is a very cool paint scheme..that I've always liked. You sure made it look good 18D. Your decal work really shines off of that white body. Great job

Thanks! Fully finished product is in the Showroom.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: